Sunday, February 21, 2010

Guitar Workshop

I am always amazed at how setting up and maintaining a guitar seems like a huge mystery until you actually do it. I remember how I used to be afraid of doing anything other than changing strings on my guitars. Now, I am at the level where I can take them apart and do any work I need to and reassemble them. Today was no exception. I noticed that my awesome Highway 1 Tele's action was sort of high. I am really lucky because A pretty much lets me get whatever gear I want and she also listens to what I talk about and she then goes out and spoils me by getting these items for me. One of the things that A got me for my birthday was a string action guage by Stewart MacDonald. I felt it was time to show A how to do a set up! She was a great sport. It was exciting because she was asking questions and showing a genuine interest! Well, a long story short I now have a well set up Tele. Thanks A for watching and making it fun!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment