Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Joy of a Quality Guitar

Yesterday was a great day for many reasons. First I got to spend a relaxing day with my gorgeous wife A. Second I got to tie up a bunch of loose ends before my surgery this Tuesday and last but not least I go to do some amp comparisons for my next purchase. I already have some really incredible amps a Fender Champion 600,  a Fender Super Champ XD and a Fender M80 Bass combo. I went in and was looking at several different amps. The Fender Bassman 59, the Fender Blues Jr, the Fender Deluxe VM and a Peavey Classic 30. I am a huge Fender man and the first to admit it, but I was impressed with the Peavey. Fantastic sound and build. I took my favorite Tele my 2009 Honey Blonde Highway 1 Telecaster because it is just such a fantastic guitar. From the incredible ALNICO V pickups to the nitro finish this is one amazing guitar. Well, I was truly amazed at how great it sounded in the Peavey...but when I plugged into the Fender amps, I was blown away! I will be honest, I was totally drawn in by the Deluxe VM. My Tele just shines through that amp! Now alot of finding tone is in the amp the other huge part is the guitar. My Tele is just an amazing guitar. I did some minor adjustments on it based on my style and taste but Fender really hit the ball out of the park with this one!! So it is easy to play when you have a quality guitar! Play on!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment