Monday, September 13, 2010

Recording Studio Frustration

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day in Indian River Studios South. I was recording a song I wrote for my wonderful wife A. I was a little frustrated because I just couldn't seem to get the lead guitar right where I wanted it. I had all the rhythm guitar parts down cold on the first take. The same with the bass guitar parts. But for some reason the leads were not coming out as I wanted them to. I would do one take and then add another track and another until I had somewhere in the neighbor hood of 12 different takes. That is the one joy of digital recording...you can add unlimited tracks and never lose a take. Hopefully on Thursday evening when I am back in the studio I will get this song finally done. On a high note the Trans Atlantic recording I have been doing with Buckfast at Tiffany's is done and on the way to Belfast for Kevin and Sean to finish up.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment