Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mics


One of the thing I love about playing guitar and recording is the gear. There is nothing like having great gear with which to record your music. A while back I ordered a new condenser mic a MXL 990 from Musicians Friend  Needless to say they were out of stock. To my surprise I receive a package on Monday from MF and it is my MXL 990. To make the deal even better, they sent it to me on a deal of the day price. So I saved over $100.00 on this beautiful mic. I was in need of a good quality large diaphram, condenser mic and this one fit the bill. I have several  Sure dynamic mics..SM 57s and 58s which are great for live performance vocal and instrument applications but for recording I really needed this mic. I have to say I am really excited to get this in the studio and do some recording with it. This mic has a wide variety of capabilities. You can record from vocals to percussion with it which is great news!! I'll give a full report once I get back in the studio in the next few days.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment