Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post Thanksgiving daze

Yesterday was a really great post Thanksgiving day time. My wife, A and her mother were doing their crafty sewing masterpieces(an awesome pillow set for our nephew). I was in the studio all day finishing up a new song called "Brooklyn". It was a very productive day yet one filled with new discoveries. As anyone who reads this blog can tell I love my Fender Teles. I was trying to get this one harmony part on the song recorded and just could not get the sound I had in my head. So, what do I do? I put down my Tele and pick up my Strat and take a pass at the song. Well, I have to say that the sound I was looking for was defenitely not going to come from my Strat. After several more futile attempts with my Strat I finally put her down. I went back and picked up my HWY 1 Tele named Dacks and well after some minor tweaking of my amp I have the exact tone I was looking for. Now all that is left is to add some drums and strings and Brooklyn will be ready for mastering!! The old saying is true, you can always come home!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment