Monday, June 13, 2011

The Great Tone/Volume Knob Debate

As I was flying back from Kingston Ontario the other day I was listening to one of my favorite guitarists Jeff Beck. I was appreciating how he uses his volume and tone knobs so well to further accentuate his music. While I am not anywhere near the calibur of player that Jeff Beck is, I find that I am much more comfortable using an expression pedal. I tend to make small adjustments with the tone and volume knobs when playing> I think that the main reason for this is because I use the expression pedal for big swells. I will also admit that it is also because I am not good at using the volume knob for swells while picking. Some of the forum "friends" I have tease me because while they are very well vresed in the volume knob swells, they can't do an expression pedal swell to save their lives. So, to sum it all up as an incredible player I know once said..."It's all good"!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment