Friday, June 3, 2011

A performance report on my Fender Road Worn 50s Telecaster

Well, I have now had my RW Tele for a week. In that time I have had the opportunity to go over this beautiful instrument from head to toe. The relic job is in my opinon very well done. The places where the great Fender craftsmen did the relicing are flawless. it really looks and feels like normal wear and tear on the guitar. The hardware relicing is also first rate. The fit of all components is perfect. I could not find a single thing wrong with the fretwork. The intonation was right on. I did not have to make any adjustments. I did make a slight adjustment to the height of the strings but found no fret buzz what so ever. The next thing was to plug her in. This is where I really fell in love with this guitar. The Tex-Mex pickups are in a word incredible! The neck pickup is as smooth as silk and has an angelic quality to it. I was able to make this guitar sing! I felt like a kid at Christmas! New tones, new adventures! Then I went to the bridge pickup and well...had my hair blown back by the tone and sheer aggressiveness of it. I was able to go from twang machine to a roaring monster with just the turn of the volume knob on my guitar. I have not been able to put this guitar down. Both plugged in and unplugged this guitar sounds gorgeous. It is begging to be played. Yes, I used to be a skeptic of the whole reliced guitar thing. Then one day when my gorgeous wife A was in one of her classes I went to my local guitar store to try out some amps and happened to play a Blonde RW Tele. I was impressed with it. And now as Paul harvey would say ' That is the rest of the story" A, as always I can't tell you enough just how much I love you and also how blessed I am to have someone who believes in me and my music like you do! I love you!To everyone else have a great weekend!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment