Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Acoustic Guitars


I have primarily been an electric guitar player my whole life. My brother was responsible for getting me into guitars. He bought a beautiful Ventura dreadnought D30 back in 1978. That is the guitar I learned to play on. When he graduated from school and went off to make his way in the world he took his beautiful guitar and that was when I turned to electrics. Well the years went by and in 1991 my brother was killed in a car accident. His fiancee Linda gave me his beautiful guitar. I have been carefully preserving this guitar and have not played it much because I am so afraid of ruining the only thing I have of my brothers. Recently my gorgeous wife A, said I could get any guitar that I want. At first I was thinking of getting a Stratocaster. But, seeing how I already have one and how I am really a Tele man, I opted not to get one. I have instead decided to get a Fender Telecoustic guitar. It is a sweet little gem with a spruce top a Tele neck and a nice set of onboard electronics so it is an acoustic/electric guitar. I am looking forward to getting this beautiful guitar and now being able to take my music anywhere in the Dacks. Thanks A, for being so awesome and letting me live the dream with you!
E

1 comment:

  1. Not bad. Not a real big fan of the Fender acoustic series though as I’ve heard the quality is lacking. Now DBZ Guitars, Dean Zelinsky’s new company has a pretty killer acoustic line. I’d check them out http://dbzguitars.com

    ReplyDelete