Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Twang Factor


I have always thought that Teles were a really cool guitar. The only problem is that in my younger days they were not considered cool guitars. The bands I played in back in the 80s(Yes, I am dating myself) all had Jacksons, Hamers,ESP and LPs. I was a Strat man and then one day in the not so distant past I became a Teleman. There is just something so elegant about the design of a Tele the simplicity of design, clean lines that makes this one sweet guitar. The big thing that really makes me love my Teles is what I call the Twang Factor. I have found that depending on my mood the more I fiddle around with the tone knob the more intrigued I am. My Strat is a wonderful guitar, but it quacks..it sounds great but in many ways it blends into the  mix..not bad...but then again not good. My Tele, now that is a whole different story. I love to slowly creep up the tone knob a little bit at a time and before you know it...the Twang factor hits. What is the Twang Factor? It is that gorgeous distinctive tone that only a Tele can make!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment