Thursday, January 7, 2010

Great Sessions

There is nothing in the world like having a great recording session. Tonight I was down at Indian River South Studio and laying down the tracks to a song that I wrote years ago but never got around to recording.  I got all the drums recorded, the bass line down on the first take and two guitar parts down. i was really pleased because I got the perfect rhythm tones from both my Tele and Strat, which gave this song such beautiful depth. When I came out of the studio and got settled in with my wife she knew that I had a really great session. It is strange recording an album solo and not having bandmates to share a good night like this with. On the other hand, there is a sense of pride knowing that I wrote and created this song all by myself. It is a pure joy to be able to create something and then see it to fruition. I just have to lay down the vocals and the lead guitars and then it is final mix and I will be even happier.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment