Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fender Telecoustic Review

Yesterday my new Fender Telecoustic arrived.  I was more than plesantly surprised as I unpacked it from the box. The guitar is an Acoustic-Electric. The top is made of spruce and has really great bracing. The sides and back are fiberglass. The neck is a bolt on Telecaster neck with Rosewood fingerboard. The tuners are standard tuners. There is a nice little electronics set up of a BG3N pre amp with Tuner built in. This is one incredible guitar. I chose the Black finish with white binding. This is a very loud guitar when unplugged. It has a nice acoustic balance. Not over powering and not weak! When finger picked this guitar has some absolutely beautiful tones. With a pick this is a really nice strong toned guitar. I played unplugged for a good while and then plugged into both my amp a Fender Super Champ XD and then into the board of my recording studio with no effects added. Plugged in I felt like I was playing one of Glenn Frey of the Eagles guitars. I was absolutely amazed at how gorgeous this guitar sounds! The neck is fast which I truly enjoy and the action is perfect for my style of play. I have heard some folks say that this is a head stock heavy guitar but mine seems to be perfectly balanced. This may have been solved in the new design. The only issue that I see which is really no big deal are the strap buttons. They are a little small but a few Grolsch rubber washers will solve any issues that might arise. I was extremely excited to see that this fit into an extra Fender Deluxe gig bag that I have. The verdict 5 stars out of 5. Fender has made an incredibly nice guitar for the budget conscious person. In my case it is for a guy who is more of an Electric player than an acoustic guy. This guitar is fun to play and sounds great! I can see many hours playing this up in our beloved North Country!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment