Monday, November 9, 2009

How small is too small

As I sit here and think about the gear I have and playing out I wonder to myself how small is too small. I have several different rigs that go from a Fender M80 Bass 160 watts per side in stereo to a vintage Peavey Bandit 65 rated at 65 watts to a Marshall MG15 at 15 watts to my favorite amp, my Fender Super Champ XD. The Super Champ is a beautiful tube amp rated at 15 watts. It is loud...I am talking really really loud. The size clubs that I will be playing in ,this amp fits the bill. If for some reason I need more volume..well then that is what a mic was invented for..:) I like how it is only 25 lbs. The M80 weighs in at a nice 80lbs without any extra cabinets...add cabinets and you are talking around 200lbs of gear. The Marshall is a nice little amp at 20 lbs...and it too cranks for a nice vintage Marshall sound. The Peavey weighs in at a good solid 60lbs. So, in my opinion...I think that taking the Marshall for the harder stuff...and my Super Champ for everything else is perfect...so I guess in this case small is huge.
E


No comments:

Post a Comment