Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tribute to Jim Campilongo


I consider myself to be a humble small town guitar player. I have had some success as a guitarist and as an engineer. I left that job many years ago to serve my country in the Army. I have started back to writing and playing much more than I had in years. I attribute this to my wife. A, has been the inspiration for my playing and writing. She supports it and always encourages me to play, write and record. One of my Tele heroes is Jim Campilongo. Jim is an incredible guitar player who's work I really enjoy. Jim is a world famous guitarist who is such a musical influence that Fender is actually making a signature model Telecaster after his. One would think that with all this success and fame he could just blow off people. Not Jim! I recently wrote a song called "Brooklyn". I have been recording bits and pieces trying to get it just right. One thing I have been looking for is the tone, that perfect setting to really make this song shine. I heard the tone on one of Jim's songs "Dagger Through My Heart". I emailed him asking him a few simple questions on settings..what does he do, Jim sends his producer an email asking how they recorded the song so I could try and get the same tone. This is a true gentleman. He has answered every email I have ever sent him. He doesn't have to do that, but he does! Why, you ask? Well, it is because Jim is a really great man and artist! Jim, Thanks to you my friend!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment