Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A little yellow Lab named Holly


It is funny how life works. I have a wonderful life. A wife who is fantastic in so many ways, more than I can count and well...someone I still can't believe is mine. I have a profession I truly enjoy. I am able to play and record my music on fantastic equipment. We have our home up in the North Country. Last but not least...our little Yellow Lab named Holly. We are unable to have children, so we got Holly. She is a fantastic dog. She is loving and sweet. Holly never lets us argue...she will walk over to both of us look up at us and do something that makes us both just start laughing. Holly is a great companion. She follows us around and just is. Today was a rather difficult day because we had to take Holly to the vet. She had stepped on something in the back yard and cut her paw which in turn is infected. To see her limp around is more than I can take. The vet had me put her up on the table and started the exam of Holly's paw. Needless to say the vet had to try and numb Holly's paw so she could work on it and make her more comfortable. The worst thing in the world...the yelp she gave when the needle was inserted and the Lidacaine was injected. It made me sick to my stomach, like I had hurt my little one. After some time the vet said that it looks like there could possibly be a splinter somewhere in the pad of her paw. The long and short of this Holly is doing fine, she is on antibiotics and is fast on the road to recovery. I know you are probably thinking what does this have to do with playing music...nothing...but it is important to me and this is my blog so...he who owns the blog gets to write about what they want.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment