Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Options


It never ceases to amaze me at the options that there are for our guitars. I remember when you had your basic colors...a few different pickup choices etc. Now  buying a new guitar is a really complicated decision process. Do I get a nitrocellulose matte finish, do I go with a polyurethane finish, do I just go with a plain old fashioned raw finish. Do I get brass barrel saddles, or modern saddles, do I get compensating 3 barrel bridge or a non compensating 6 barrel saddle bridge or do I go with the modern bridge. Then comes colors...thankfully I am color blind so I don't have to see all the different shades to further complicate the decision process. Then there are the wood choices...ash, alder, swamp ash, rosewood, maple etc.....This could take months to decide. Well...tonight A and I were going over the next guitar I am going to get...what color wood etc...well...Fender has made it simple..the Highway 1 Telecaster color Honey Blonde maple neck ,3 barrel saddle compensating bridge. The best part..it is the stock model...no changes necessary. I am a traditional simple guy and this is right up my alley. Imagine if I was an indecisive person..:)
E

No comments:

Post a Comment