Sunday, October 25, 2009

Modding your gear

I have always felt that Guitars and Amps are alot like cars. As any other red blooded American guy I love to use my hands and work on my cars...the same holds true for my gear. I love setting up my guitars and working on my amps. I replaced the speaker in my Marshall combo with a Celestion G8 Vintage 8 recently. What a difference. The stock speaker that Marshall had added was...ok...not bad but not great. Fortunately my wife A is great about supporting my obsession with my gear and was like...get the new Celestion if you want it. So before I replaced it I let her hear what my amp sounded like with the stock speaker in it. I then installed the gorgeous Celestion into my Marshall. With great anticipation I fired it up and to my surprise...the amp sounded incredible...even better than I imagined. The thing that was so much fun...I installed it myself and saved about $50.00. The same holds true for setting up and working on my guitars. In many ways...the similarities with working on your own car and your gear is really the same. Thanks A...the Celestion rocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment